Welcome to the Queens Tech Alumni page!
Stay connected! Add "Queens Technical High School" to join our alumni network on LinkedIn.
Register with p.s. alumni to access the NYC Public School alumni network.
Once a tiger, always a tiger.
BuildingWorks Pre-Apprentice Program
Please see attached application for the BuildingWorks Pre-Apprenticeship program: Application Buildingworks September 2021.pdf
- This is for recent graduates and alumni who are interested in pursuing a career as a union carpenter.
- Applicants must be able to pass a drug test.
- Training is from September 13 to October 15 Monday to Friday @ 7:30AM-3:00PM.
- Candidates must be able to submit their High School Diploma or equivalent with the application.
- It makes no difference if the candidate previously studied Carpentry in high school. This recruitment is open to anyone who is interested in applying.
- There is no cost associated with enrolling in the program if accepted.
- Enrolled participants are not paid.
- After completing the BuildingWorks program, recommendations to the apprenticeship are based on performance during training and are not automatic. There will be a waiting period of 3-6 months before apprenticeship openings are available.
Vocational Training for Student/Graduates with Disabilities
Woodlawn Landscape Restoration Program
Woodlawn Landscape Restoration Program (LRP) are recruiting young adults interested in horticulture and landscaping. Participants will receive specialized hands-on training in landscaping and restoration under the guidance of instructors from The Davey Tree Expert company.The LRP is a 5-month career training program, beginning on September 7, 2021, offering OSHA-30 and CPR/First Aid certifications, as well as a paid internship in mowing, leaf, and grass blowing; landscape bed maintenance/mulching/edging; shrub and small tree pruning, and related tasks. Flyer is attached below.
- Age 18-24 in September 2021
- Resident of the 5 Boroughs of New York City
- Have High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Authorized to Work in the United States
- Not Currently Working or In School
- Able to commit to program from September 7, 2021 to January 28, 2022; Monday to Friday @ 8AM-3PM
Application is found here:
NEES NY Network Electrical Apprentice Program
Job-Opening Wave Soldering Operator
Comunilife Maintenance Job Opportunities
- The pay rate is $17.85 per hour
- Must have a driver's license
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Proficient with common power tools, with handyman skills
- 40 hours per week schedule
- Location: Bronx
- Office: 1020 Grand Concourse, 4th Floor, Bronx NY
- Salary range: 50k to 55k depending on experience
- Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 to 5 pm (candidate will have to be on call)
ReBuilding Together Construction Pre-Apprenticeship
Construction Training - Direct Entry into Building Trades
OSHA 30 Certification
Job placement assistance
Must be at least 18 years old
Must possess high school diploma or HSE
Must be a resident of NYC
Must be interested in a union career in construction -
*Serious candidates only who want to pursue a career in construction || Do not apply if you're looking to "explore" careers
CIasses are held online
Join one of our online info sessions held every Tuesday and Wednesday at 5pm (https://rebuildingtogether.zoom.us/j/92123478376)
For more information, contact Phil Galeazzi at email@example.com or (718) 488- 8840 ext. 18
Delta Air Compressor is seeking current or graduating students. The job description is an Air Compressor Tech.
Delta Air Compressors will train, no experience necessary.
The candidates can have automotive skills, or electrical skills, or HVAC/Plumbing Skills. Any of these students would work in our field.
- Valid driver's license is required
Job Description: The Service Technician serves customers by installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining all makes of rotary screw and reciprocating air compressors, along with additional compressed air system components.
Please contact Ms. Zagada at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested
Woodlawn Landscape Restoration Program
Door and Woodlawn Conservancy - The Woodlawn Preservation Training Program
- Recruiting those who are interested in exploring careers in historic preservation and masonry restoration
- It is a 4-month program beginning Mon. Feb 8th, 2021
- Will combine virtual instruction with hands-on training, paid internship hours, OSHA-30, Scaffolding Safety Certifications, construction math review, career coaching and job placement assistance
Application Deadline: January 29th, 2021
18-24 years old in February 2021
Must have High School Diploma or Equivalency
Resident of the 5 boroughs of NYC
Authorized to work in the United States
Not currently working or in school
Excited to work outdoors and with their hands
Candidates may register here: https://forms.gle/AkzaEs9Mu1Hiu7BM8
Many alumni request class information and help with publicity for upcoming class reunions. If you are planning a reunion and would like a list of students who were in your graduating class, please contact us and we will try to assist. Please note that we are unable to assist in any other way with the planning of a class reunion.