Arista Honor Society
Arista, Queens Technical High School’s Honor Society, was created to recognize students who display academic excellence each year. Arista members uphold standards of scholarship, leadership, service, and character, which are required to maintain membership status. Arista members organize the school's student of the month program and act as leaders for their peers and their community, often assisting their teachers, providing tutoring, and participating in charitable events.
Arista strives to recognize the total student – one who excels in all of the following areas:
- A cumulative high school average of 94% or more for four consecutive terms.
- Acceptable standards of behaviors and citizenship.
- Service Credits: These are earned by completing duties, including serving as a club officer, performing volunteer work, providing tutoring, etc.
- For current sophomores: a minimum of 10 service credits by the end of their sophomore year.
- For current juniors: a minimum of 15 service credits by the end of their junior year.
Once admitted into Arista, the student must maintain the minimum cumulative average of 94%, perform service to Queens Technical High School each term and demonstrate characteristics of leadership and responsibility. If you are absent more than three times during the year, your membership will be terminated. If you think you are eligible for Arista and are willing to meet the responsibilities outlined please stop by Room 151 and speak with Ms. Mejia or Ms. Rodriguez.
Membership is more than an honor. It incurs a responsibility and an obligation to demonstrate those outstanding qualities. Your membership carries a responsibility. Each member must be involved. Arista challenges its members to live up to their obligations by participating.