Find Your Student Account ID and Password
To retrieve your account ID and password:
- Go to Student Account Self Service
- Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card, or in your NYCSA account.)
- Enter your birthday.
- Click Continue.
- If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
Your email address is the username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, email address is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
- If you haven't already set up a password, you will be asked to set one up.
- Pick a password that only you will know.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click Update Password.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is this account for? Use your student account to sign in to Google (Classroom, Gmail, Drive, etc.) and Microsoft 365 (Teams, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) This account also works with Adobe Spark, Clever, EVERFI, Nearpod, Zoom, and a growing list of online learning tools.
What happened to @queenstechhs.org accounts? The Department of Education has created accounts for every student and staff member, so schools no longer need to have separate accounts. Your DOE student account is used from Pre-K all the way through the end of high school. If you had a @queenstechhs.org account, your Gmail and Drive files have been transferred to the DOE student account. Queens Tech email forwards automatically to this new address.
Where do I see my email? Students go to Gmail and sign in with the DOE student account username and password. School staff go to Outlook and sign in with the @schools.nyc.gov username and password. There is no longer Gmail for staff.